Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Golden Valentine's Day

This year, Mike and I celebrated our eighth Valentine's Day together. I have to say he is the best Valentine ever. He's never failed to bring me a beautiful gift, roses, candy, and take me out to dinner. He says he's not romantic, but what else can you call a man who has dinner reservations booked at your favorite restaurant before you even ask?

This year we had a candlelit dinner at a small,quaint place in Biloxi called Jazeppi's. Though I usually will wear red or pink on Valentine's Day (cliche, I know), this year I was dying to wear my new "Monica" dress from Pinup Couture. I ordered it last summer during a sale in July and haven't had an occasion to wear it until now.

Dress: Pinup Couture 
Shoes: Nine West
Pearls: Mikimoto

It is patterned after a dress worn by Marilyn Monroe and is available in a variety of colors. I was tempted to buy it in red, but already have a few red dresses so I opted for gold. I slipped on the dress and instantly felt like a Hollywood starlet. Though fitted, it is not tight and surprisingly comfortable. One of the best parts is that shape wear is built into the dress. This is definitely becoming one of my all-time favorite dresses and I'm considering wearing it when Mike and I chaperon the prom coming up soon!  
   
Remember Madonna's Marilyn phase? They both rocked the Ava style, too! 



Mike looked so cute, I had to take his picture too. 

This is how he feels about photo shoots!


No comments:

Post a Comment