Friday, July 26, 2013

Rue Magnolia

I had a ladies' lunch today at Le Cafe' Beignet along the Rue Magnolia in downtown Biloxi, MS. It is a beautiful area lined with salons, art galleries, and locally owned restaurants. Cafe Beignet is newly opened and a great addition to the area. They serve fresh seasonal salads, sandwiches, and desserts such as bread pudding and of course, beignets. 


Le Cafe Beignet is located in a restored Creole Cottage and displays the flavor of the area. 


Dress: Pinup Couture "Dee Dee"
Wire headband: Girl is a Gun from New Orleans, LA
Purse: Antonio Melani
                  Shoes: J.C. Penney                               




For those of you who have never been to the South,a beignet is a kind of deep-fried doughnut topped with powdered sugar. Here it's served with sweet cream chicory coffee. Any trip to the South is incomplete without an order of beignets. 

Beautiful interior
                                                                                   

                             
                                               
Love the kitty painting inside! The owner has paid attention to every detail of the decor. 
                                

I can't help but twirl when I wear full skirts. 
                      







6 comments:

  1. I can't get over how PERFECT you look in Dee Dee! And what an absolutely darling little cafe, it looks like something out of The Help, as do you in this dress :3
    I bought myself Dee Dee two years ago and found that it didn't look "right" on me...maybe because it was a bit too big... Seriously seeing it on you, I'm thinking I might have to buy it again in my right size :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you mentioned that the cafe reminds you of The Help (one of my favorite movies). It was set in Jackson, MS, and Biloxi is three hours south of Jackson.
      Thank you for the compliments! I bet you would look adorable in the Dee Dee.

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! I love that dress so much! I wish I bought it on ebay cheap when I had the chance!

    And a reply to my Queen of Hollaway dress post:
    I bought it from a store in Australia who stocked some of their dresses, so I'm not sure what it's like buying directly from QoH. I am so happy with them - they are well made, the fabric is amazing and they are just gorgeous dresses! x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you look stunning in that dress! I love the last coupla photos, so cute! It's great to find another like-minded retro-gal in the South :) So glad to have found your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous is insufficient, Cecily!

    ReplyDelete