Sunday, July 14, 2013

Skyrockets In Flight

As you might remember from last week's blog, I featured my French Quarter dress from Trashy Diva. One of the best things about taking pictures with the Trashy Diva girls in the boutique is that it gave me the opportunity to buy a new TD dress, which I wore on the 4th of July. 


Dress: Trashy Diva "Dixie" in Skyrockets print
Shoes: Unlisted
My sunglasses: Forever 21
Mike's sunglasses: RayBan Wayfarer
Snood: Ebay


Mike (because he is an awesome husband) has wanted me to get this dress for a while. He is a sci-fi aficionado and loves the old-school rocket ship print. Of course, I wanted to wait until it was marked down. I came upon the online sale a little late and was horrified to find my size had sold out! Luckily, when I went to Trashy Diva in person, I tried a different size and it worked!

<!--BEGIN HYPE WIDGET--><script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://lookbook.nu/look/widget/5201176.js?include=all&size=large&style=button&align=center"></script><div id="hype_container_5201176"></div><!--END HYPE WIDGET-->

I ordered a red snood and watched a few YouTube tutorials on Victory Roll hairstyles, which I'm still trying to perfect. 

You can't help but twirl in a Trashy Diva dress!





I told Mike he was a great husband because he is loving and supportive, and he said, "Yeah, whatever. You just love me because I buy you Trashy Diva dresses." 

And when we kiss.....
Fireworks!




8 comments:

  1. I've been looking for this dress in my size for months....to no avail! finally decided to go for the bolero style instead over the week end when TD had their 20% off sale. Hoping I like it as much as yours :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waited for it to go on sale and almost lost out. Luckily, it has some stretch so I could fit into a different size. I looked for it elsewhere but only saw it on the TD site. Can't wait to see your posts with your skyrocket bolero dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good gravy, are you ever cute! I love your new dress! I'm also quite glad you stopped by my blog so that I could discover yours! :-)
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect outfit for the holidays.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You look awesome! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good retro space print and have had my eye on this dress for quite a while! It looks so gorgeous on you and I love the shoes you've paired with it too :D I am looking at it on the site right now and am SO tempted to get it...only I just bought stuff from Trashy Diva the other day (the fabulous peacock print dress). Aren't their designs amazing though? One of my all time favorite designers, and you are SO lucky to be able to visit the store in person. I need to visit New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on their Facebook they are having a weekend sale- 20% off EVERYTHING including sale using the code FESTIVAL20.
      (I just noticed they used my pic in their sale ad, heehee!)

      I remember your cute Bernie Dexter rocket ship dress.
      I love Trashy Diva and their boutiques are so cute in person. If you ever visit America you must go to New Orleans!

      Delete
  7. LOVE THE DRESS!!!! I love your blog, I'm now following you :D

    ReplyDelete