Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fun in the French Quarter

Mike and I went over to New Orleans today to hang my featured artist show at the Louisiana Pizza Kitchen. As I have mentioned many times before, we travel a lot and New Orleans is my favorite city in America. Lucky for me, it's only an hour from home. 

We have our favorite agenda each time we go to the city, including breakfast at Croissant d'Or and lunch at the Pizza Kitchen. Today we stopped off at the Junque Shop on Frenchman to browse the vintage goods, including this My Fair Lady-esque hat.   

I'm wearing my brand new dress:

Dress: Trashy Diva "French Quarter"
Hat: Stein-Mart 
Sunglasses: Trashy Diva
Shoes: Via Neroli
Pearls: Mikimoto


The closest I will get to a spider without a rolled-up newspaper in hand. 

I've been searching for cat eye sunglasses for years and finally found them!

The French Quarter dress features a turn-of-the-Century print of the Crescent City, including wrought iron balconies and horse-drawn carriages. The dress is fully lined and the fabric very high quality.  


Guess who?

No visit to NOLA is complete without a visit to the one-and-only Trashy Diva!
                                    


Imagine my surprise finding my long-lost twin sister working inside the boutique!


I also went by the Garden District location and again found my doppelganger! (Love her hat, too!)


The best accessory of all? A cute husband! 

                                                   


1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I would love to go there one day. But it's a little far away for me x')
    I adore the skirt very much and it suites all of you ^-^

    ReplyDelete