Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sweethearts' Dance

This year I wanted to find a special way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Mike is a romantic guy, and he takes me out to dinner and a movie quite a lot. So, what could we do for Valentine's Day that was different?

While we were engaged, we started taking ballroom dance lessons so we'd know how to do a little more than the "high school sway" on the dance floor at our wedding reception. We had a lot of fun with it and continued to take lessons for a couple of years. we stopped when we started working on our Master's degrees, so I thought it would be fun to go back to Amour Danzar in Long Beach for one of their Friday night dance parties. 

I admit my love for ballroom dance is fueled by movies from the 1950s, especially this classic scene from White Christmas with Danny Kaye and Vera-Ellen:

Danny Kaye and Vera-Ellen were right-- "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing."  

I found my pink "debutante" dress at House of Tux in Gulfport while being fitted for my wedding dress. It fulfilled my 1950s dance movie dreams and I had to get it! It is the perfect dress to wear for waltzing and doing the foxtrot.  

Dress: B2 from House of Tux
Shoes: Naturalizer
Purse: Target
Pearls: Mikimoto





My Valentine's gift from mike was the diamond bracelet which matched my wedding ring! (I got him a Star War's blaster belt to go with his Han Solo costume).

A flower completes the look. 

Silver accents in the accessories. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Cecily! You look beautiful from head to toe. The silver accents matched well with your pink dress. And you know the jewelry to match with your outfit! The diamond bracelet looks good on your arm as it blends well with your skin tone. Your husband absolutely knows the perfect gift for you. :)

    ReplyDelete