Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Walk in the Park



Just call me "Miss Firecracker"

Quaint old neighborhoods are one of the best things about living in the South. Today I took a stroll through a park on 2nd Street, one of the Coastal communities in my town that is still building back from Hurricane Katrina. I know when their park was rebuilt, many of the residents finally felt like they had come home.
Mike and I love talking walks in this historic neighborhood, where couples walk their dogs, wave to you from their porches, and have children's birthday parties in the park. It is such a friendly place I call it "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood."

Dress: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Kim Rogers
Purse: Hobby Lobby
Hat: Scala

Thanks, Mom, for loaning me your hat!

Shirt dresses are cool and comfortable to wear during the dog days of summer!

I love anything with polka dots, especially in red and white. When I shop, I have to make a conscious effort to "try something new," or else my entire wardrobe would be polka dots!



My favorite pair of sunglasses of all time!
 
 
I didn't realize when I bought my dress that I was channeling Gwen Stefani's look in her "Cool" video. Check it out below!
"Cool" video





Special thanks to artist/photographer Rhonda Anne Herring.

No comments:

Post a Comment