Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Art School Fashion Plates

The 1940s Meet the 1950s

It was the last day of class at the university where I teach art classes, and is becoming a tradition to have a costume party for our final critique. My student Flora and I decided to come representing our favorite eras- for me, the 1950s, and for her, the 1940s.

My clothing-
Dress: La Belle
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Payless 
Pearls: gift from Michael

I also love pairing this hat with modern clothes to keep the look from getting too costumey.

Flora's hat from Roadkill, a rockabilly store in New Orleans.
I am dying to learn how to do this 1940s 'do! 
Here is a tutorial:
 http://youtu.be/IH4KWLiyuK4

Not your ordinary luncheon in the grass!
Love this black lace fabric and full skirt with gauzy petticoat! 
 
The original Gossip Girls!

 


Jewelry sets the tone for the entire outfit.

Flora's shoes by Bongo.
 Special thanks to University art student George Rothering for photographing our style shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment